Saturday 22 November 2008

New Moon - a discussion.

An opinion poll about The New Moon:




Right, so what do you think?

I was absolutely mad when Edward left, I don't think I'll ever forgive him for that, even though a lot of good came out of that.. Jacob finally had a chance to create his fan club :P He's the loveliest and kindest person in the book but in my opinion he was brutally used by Bella and then abandoned like an old dog..

Abot Seth, I still have doubts, I wouldn't say I liked him, to me he was definately a negative character...

There were a few very interesting comments on the Quibblo site:


BellaVCullen: "New moon's a great book! for question 3 I have something to add. She was infact using jacob to fill in that empty space inside her. he made her feel better so i think because of that she was using him. and sam is weird but he's a positive character, in this book anyway. he helps save bella."


Disenchanted: "2 reasons that i didn't care that edward left:
1. he annoys me.
2. i knew he would come back so it didn't really matter
so yeah. i like jacob better, and those times with only him around were the best :)
TEAM JACOB!"


hinata1012008: "Team Jacob Whoop Whoop!!" Funny :D

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that Edward was really annoying in New Moon - he was too selfish and self-absorbed. And what the hell did he mean by "I'm leaving you alone without any notice in the middle of a forest and I'm taking everything which might remind you of me for your own good"?!! How was that better?! Bella loved him and wanted to sacrifice her mortality to be with him; if he was that afraid of her safety, I think she couldn't have hurt herself if she became a vampire...

Stupid New Moon Edward!

Anonymous said...

I think Bella was using Jacob but she didn't mean it, she's a good person.

What was the months question for?

Edward was very irritating in this particular book...

xxx
Clare

ElaK said...

Great comment, Sophie, in general I love Edward but in New Moon he was simply a pain! He's the best in Eclipse :P

And I don't see any reasonable thinking behind what he did, either. He couldn't leave Bella for a single second in Twilight and all of the sudden he's gone forever. Sure, that proves he puts her "happiness" and safety over his own but come on...

I read a review where some woman said the month pages were a cheap trick to avoid writing the hard stuff. I obviously disagree. That's exactly how Bella fell for a few months. Empty.

Bella&Zaylee said...

I personally love New Moon. It's my favorite in the series. Edward's decision was faulty but he did what he thought he had to do in order to protect the person he loves more than anything in the world. This book introduced us to Jake and for that I love it :) I think Bella should be with Edward so therefore I guess I'm Team Edward.

Feel free to stop by my and my friends blog:http://ccuriousitykkilledttheccat.blogspot.com/

ElaK said...

New Moon is my least favourite book - in my opinion Bella was very egocentric and she was using Jacob, it annoyed me a lot. I generally enjoyed the book because it introduced a new angle to the story and it made Bella's feelings towards Edward perfectly clear; but I was angry with Edward and Bella for being jerks.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

blogger templates | | Make Money Online