Wednesday 12 November 2008

Twilight, the film



The first premiere of “Twilight” the film is on the 21.11.2008 (I think all of the fan sites are now counting down!! :D ) and the first lucky countries to see it are USA, Canada, Italy, Sweden, France, Philippines and Thailand. I won’t see it until 2009!! :( :(


I won’t bore you with all the details who plays who, you can find it out on IMDb or even better on the Twilight Series Theories site - I really like the website and all of its content, although all the gossip about the actors’ private lives is just unnecessary.


Also, if you’d like to refresh your memory about all the characters I strongly recommend this site.


YouTube is filled with interviews with the cast, behind the scenes shots, variations of the official trailers, single scenes from the film, etc. There’s one 8-minutes long clip from a Film Festival in Rome, terrible quality but luckily has subtitles to help you make some sense of it:



I firstly found and added a clip with personal comments of some female fan, but the video was then deleted from YouTube. The girl included some thoughts of her own, for which I was very grateful - it was funnier to watch it with her comments and I absolutely agreed with all of them (although she did call Emmet Emmit :P ).

She talked about the great entrance scene by Alice and how stiff and uncomfortable Jasper looked – it’s difficult to disagree with any, they’re both amazing. Rosalie is truly a pain in the scene, Bella mentions becoming a meal (hahaha), and Edward is just Edward – shy, gentle, funny, perfect… If the entire film is just like that it’s going to be a hit!



About the actual trailers, I’m sure you’ve seen them plenty of time but let’s watch them again, just for safety.



It’s the best trailer ever! :D




I’m interested in your opinion in this matter; do you think people that haven’t read the books will enjoy the film? It seems to me that the film was tailored for the books fans only and any random person that goes to the cinema will think badly of the series…

What I’m trying to say is, there are many scenes missing, some scenes are altered and in the end, the film only resembles the books… I’ve seen too many disappointing attempts to bring a story from a book onto the big screen…


Whenever I look at this trailer, I am more and more worried:



It makes me think it’s another bad action-drama film for the less demanding part of the society… Someone will die, hearts will be broken, poor teenage hero has to make a very difficult decision. It seems cheesy and uninteresting! I’m mad they created such a bad trailer….




2 Comments:

t dawg said...

I think that, with all the hype that the film has gotten (especially since it was able to squeeze the Harry Potter spot to open on 11/21), it will do really, REALLY well.

But I am ALSO concerned about how it will be. I have a feeling that maybe it will be just cheesy. But I also have a feeling that I will love.

I'm someone who's read the books (more than once) and I know that I will be aware of the things they put in the move that aren't in the book. I'll be aware of the things they have changed or added. But I think people who HAVEN'T read the books won't look at it so critically, you know? Don't get me wrong...I am SO EXCITED to see the film on Friday! And actually, I know that I will LOVE the movie even if it is cheesy. The way I look at it is this:

Yes, the movie is based off of Stephenie Meyer's book and should follow the book closely in order to get the story right but, also, the movie is the creation of a team of people (including Ms. Meyer) and should be accepted for whatever it turns out to be.

I'm excited to see what the film maker's have come up with. Can it be Friday already???

ElaK said...

I honestly won't mind if the film ends up being cheesy, but the books are half serious, half comical, and I'd like the film to be the same.. I only hope it won't be a teen drama!

I have a memory of a gold fish so I remember barely any details from the series but there are some elements I absolutely loved and if they're missing, I'll be so upset :((

Oh, I want to see the film now, all this uncertainty is killing me!

Thanks for the long comment, t dawg! Please let me know what you think of the film when you see it :P

blogger templates | | Make Money Online